- Absentia: All graduating students are expected to participate in the graduation ceremony. If extenuating circumstances arise, you must submit a written request to the Office of the Registrar for permission to graduate in absentia. This is required at least six weeks prior to commencement.
- Commencement Requirements: All degree requirements must be completed before the student may participate in commencement ceremonies. Undergraduate students completing the last of their coursework during Interterm or Summer must contact their graduation counselor to be cleared for graduation.
- Honors: For the commencement program, honors are computed based on the cumulative GPA of all work completed at Biola prior to your final semester. The honors on your diploma are computed based upon your final cumulative GPA at Biola.
- Name Changes: Name changes must be made in the Office of the Registrar and with the graduation counselor at least six weeks prior to graduation to ensure that the correct name will appear on the commencement program and on your diploma.
- Transfer Work: If you are taking credits outside of Biola, all transcripts are due before your final semester, and the official transcripts must be mailed to the Office of the Registrar. If it becomes necessary to take classes off campus during your final semester, the classes MUST meet proper approval. You should meet with your graduation counselor and provide proof of registration.
More information about the Commencement ceremony is here.