Peer Internship Ambassadors empower all students in select academic programs to engage in quality internship experiences, through student advising and building bridges with internship employers. Working in partnership with Career Center staff to support Biola students in their career preparation and readiness through:
Student Engagement: Assist students in their endeavors to explore, experience and connect with career opportunities.
- Student Advising: Inspire students in your major to take the next step in their career journey through 1x1 appointments, classroom presentations, workshops, on-campus recruiting events and continued communication.
Employer Engagement: Serve as a liaison between Biola and both potential and continuing employer relationships.
- Research & Promote: Identify key employers that offer opportunities that match the career interests of your major and communicate findings to interested students.
- Customer Service & Event Impact: Support events and activities that connect employers and students by welcoming and hosting employers and brokering relationships between employer and Biola (students, faculty, staff).
Department Support: Act as a bridge between Career Development and your individual department.
- Partner with key faculty or administrative representatives within your department to establish and execute department specific communication, collaborate on events and projects, and provide timely updates to each department
- November/December: Job posted on Handshake
- February: Applications Due (for specific date please see the job post on Handshake)
- February/March: Interviews
- March: Job offers
- August/September: Training and start of the position
All applicants are asked to meet the following requirements:
- Be an upcoming Junior or Senior
- Have experience in at least one professional, off-campus internship
- Be able to commit to working for the full academic year (fall &spring semester)
- Be able to work 10 hours per week between 8:30–5:00 (M-F)
- Be able to attend a 1 week on-campus training the week before Fall semester starts
- Be able to attend weekly meetings throughout the semester Wednesdays at 9:30
The Career Center employs Peer Internship Ambassadors to work with students in specific major departments across campus (listed below). Applicants may apply to their major's department, if it is listed. Current openings are for the following majors:
- Cinema & Media Arts
- Health Sciences (Biology, BioChem and Kinesiology)
- Humanities (Political Science, English, Philosophy and History)
- Public Relations
- STEM (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Math and Computer Science)
- Resume Reviewer/General PIA (all majors can apply)
We also have a few positions that focus on marketing, web content and social media. More details can be found by searching the jobs section of Handshake or by emailing email@example.com.
Ready to Apply?
- Review the job description found on the online application page on Handshake.
- Upload and attach your resume and cover letter to the application via Handshake.
- Hit the Submit button in the bottom right corner once both documents are attached