Please read and follow the steps below. If you have any questions, please contact Residence Life at email@example.com
Step One: Before applying
- Know the name of your RA, for an RA Reference Form.
- Have contact information [name, phone] ready for an Employer Reference. If you have not previously held a job, you may give a pastoral or faculty reference instead.
- NOTE: The online application can time out. Once you begin the online application, you should save your application frequently. We would also encourage you to type your answers to essay questions on a separate Word document (then cut and paste it into the application) to ensure you don't have to re-type your answer if the application times out.
Step Two: Start the Application
The online application will ask you to:
- Answer additional questions about yourself
- Provide contact information for 3 references (RA, Professional reference if able, and a Personal reference)
The online application takes between 30–45 minutes to complete. If you don't finish in one sitting, the application does allow you to 'save' your progress and complete it later.
Deadline for applications is December 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Applications must be fully completed and submitted by this time or they will not be accepted.
The online application will be available beginning November 20, 2019.
Step Three: Participate in Group Process
Applicants will receive an email in January 2020 asking them to sign up for a Group Process time on January 21 or 22, 2020. Applicants will be put in groups with other candidates to complete activities and solve problems in a collaborative setting.
In order to be considered for the RA job, applicants must show up for Group Process on January 21 or 22; there will be no make-up sessions offered.
Step Four: Individual Interviews
Interviews will take place January 28–31, 2020. Applicants proceeding in the selection process will be invited to sign-up for an interview following Group Process. Applicants should dress professionally for their interview.
Step Five: Candidates Notified
Applicants will be notified of position offers on February 13, 2020.
Step Six: RA Spring Training Begins March 14, 2020
Acceptance of an RA job offer confirms that you will be able to attend our Spring 2020 training on Saturday, March 14. It also confirms that you will be able to attend our Residence Life Commissioning service on Sunday, April 5.
Questions concerning RA Selection? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org