Club verse: 1 Peter 4:11 - If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
Founded in 1972, NSSLHA is the national organization for graduate and undergraduate students interested in the study of normal and disordered human communication. NSSLHA is the only official national student association recognized by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
NSSLHA has approximately 13,000 members with chapters at more than 300 colleges & universities. NSSLHA membership is available to any part- or full-time, graduate or undergraduate student interested in the study of communication disorders.
Students pursuing academic study as speech-language pathology assistants, students pursuing a doctorate of philosophy or doctorate of audiology, as well as students enrolled in a communication sciences and disorders (CSD) program outside of the United States can be members of National NSSLHA.
If you have additional questions about our organization, you may contact the National Office at any time.
Along with the national association, we have a Biola NSSLHA Chapter which aims at growing, connecting, and encouraging Biola communication science and disorders majors. NSSLHA is a wonderful way to get to know others within the major, as well as make an impact in the community. We would love for you to join and get involved.
- We are supported through Biola's student government.
- Our purpose is to provide a place for the students in our major to interact outside of class in a social setting, to encourage one another and serve in the community.
- Our main events include monthly get-togethers such as BBQ’s, movie nights, a Christmas party, service projects, and the end of the year semi-formal dinner.
Check us out on Facebook.
- Degrees and Programs:
- B.S. in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD)
- Last Updated:
- March 21, 2017