As you get closer to your senior year and graduation, keep these things in mind:
- With your advisor, project when you would like to graduate. Make sure that the required and elective classes will be offered when you need them. Some classes are only offered in the fall—usually ending in an odd number, e.g., CEED 351. Some are offered in the spring semester—usually ending in an even number, e.g., CEED 382. Some are offered every semester—usually ending in a “0,” e.g., CEED 380. There are exceptions to this rule, e.g., CEED 461 and 462 are also offered every semester.
- Remember that all courses taken during your final semester at Biola must be done in residence. Generally speaking, you cannot transfer in any courses taken outside of Biola during that semester.
- Students are required to submit a Senior Petition approximately one year before graduating from the University (if you wait until the semester in which you wish to graduate, there is a penalty of $200). This will help to insure that the appropriate courses are taken during the final year so graduation may take place on schedule. Make an appointment, through the CM office, to meet with the department chairman. Order a copy of your transcript from the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance of your appointment and have them send it to the Christian Education office. Also pick up a blank Senior Petition form to bring to this appointment.
- To have a minor in biblical studies listed on your transcript, you must have specified this on your senior petition and you must have taken 12 upper division Bible units.
- You must have a minimum of 130 units of actual college credit to graduate (not counting First Year Seminar). Note that units that were waived because you took some foreign language in high school will need to be made up with electives. Two additional units of general elective are also required, though they do not show up on the three-column side of the curriculum chart. You also must have 24 upper division units under the major. This means you will need some upper division elective units in addition to our CM core classes, though they do not necessarily have to be CM classes.