To provide a means by which undergraduate faculty and student concerns related to the overall program, classroom instruction, and student issues regarding personal and professional preparation for ministry can be addressed.
The board will consist of three undergraduate faculty members and nine Christian ministries students selected by the undergraduate faculty. Ideally three students will come from each of the senior, junior, and sophomore classes. The board will meet at least twice a semester or more often as needed. Board members will be selected late in the spring semester to serve during the following school year.
The board in a context of confidentiality as appropriate will carry out the following.
- Gather all relevant information from appropriate resources.
- Clarify issues as necessary.
- Make recommendations to the undergraduate faculty and department chairperson.
- Represent CM students and the department at a variety of functions e.g., University Day.
- Develop personal/interpersonal relationships with other CM students through student socials and events.
Because issues might relate to a student’s privacy, the faculty board members, at times, may need to meet separately on some matters.
The individuals chosen to serve on the UGAB are selected by their professors and by the department secretary. Board members usually serve one year on the board, but may be asked to return at the discretion of the faculty and staff.