The Collegium, with craftsman-style furniture and décor, warm lighting, beautiful kitchen, and cozy fireplace, is located in the upper Student Union. It is an ideal location for receptions, small luncheons, department dinners, and small group lectures. It comfortably accommodates 45-50 seated, and 50-70 for a mingling reception. Rental includes use of kitchen, stereo system, computers, and furniture.
During Fall & Spring Semesters, the Collegium is available: Monday-Thursday, at 7:30 p.m.; Friday, at 3:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, all-day. It is available 24/7 throughout the rest of the year—January, June, July, and the first half of August.
To check Collegium availability or make a reservation, please contact Jen Alvarez, Administrative Coordinator of Commuter Life, at 562-777-4018, on campus at extension 4018, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Campus Coordination does not book the Collegium.)
Departmental Rentals + Pricing:
We rent in 1-hour increments with a minimum 2-hour rental.
- 2 hours - $180 ($90/hr)
- 3 hours - $240 ($80/hr)
- 4 hours - $300 ($75/hr)
- 5 hours - $350 ($70/hr)
- 6 hours - $390 ($65/hr)
- 7 hours - $420 ($60/hr)
- 8 hours - $440 ($55/hr)
Please plan to set-up and clean up within your reserved rental hours. If Bon Appetit is catering your event, please schedule their set-up and clean-up within your reserved rental hours.
Bulk Scheduling Per Semester
(Fall Semester = July 1 through the Sunday prior to Spring Orientation; Spring Semester = Jan. 1st thru June 30th.)
Departments reserving multiple hours at one time receive the following discounts:
- 10-19 hours, (per semester, on one JV) = $50/hour
- 20-29 hours, (per semester, on one JV) = $45/hour
- 30+ hours, (per semester, on one JV) = $40/hour
- You may break your bulk hours into smaller portions (2 hour minimum) and book these throughout the Fall or Spring Semester, but they must be charged on one Journal Voucher.
- If possible, please schedule all reservation times upon signing of the contract and Journal Voucher.
- While Commuter Life tracks your Collegium usage, it is the department’s responsibility to ensure that all hours are used by the end of each semester. Unused hours will be forfeited.
Billing Information & Additional Applicable Charges
- Rental fees will be charged to the department’s account via Journal Voucher.
- A late checkout fee is billed at $25 per each 15 minutes a group is in the Collegium past the reserved ending time.
- A $50 cleaning fee is billed, if the room is not left in excellent condition.
- Cleaning includes sweeping, swiffering/mopping, wiping down surfaces, removing all garbage, washing dishes, running dishwasher, putting away all items used, shutting off fire & lights, and locking the door. Generally, just leaving our home in as lovely of a condition as you found it!
- A $100 re-key fee will be charged if key is lost.
- The renter agrees to report and pay for all damages to the Collegium’s furniture, equipment, & décor.
- Please do not leave the Collegium unlocked and unattended at any time, as it contains valuable artwork and technical equipment. Thank you.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:
- Booking is considered confirmed upon receipt of a signed Journal Voucher and contract.
- Cancellation: If a reservation is cancelled 8+ days prior to an event, a $25 fee will be applied to cover administrative costs. If a reservation is cancelled within 7 days of the event, a 50% refund will be given.
Please designate a Rental Host, from your department, to meet with Commuter Life and learn Collegium care and policies. As Biola has entrusted the room to Commuter Life, we are entrusting our home-away-from-home to you. We ask that the Rental Host be in attendance throughout the entire event, from set-up through the cleaning & locking of Collegium. (This includes supervising Bon Appetit and ensuring the room is left clean after they remove food and dishes, so please schedule Bon Appetit clean-up times accordingly.)
Event Planning Contacts:
Please cc: email@example.com on all equipment and event orders, so we can be aware of possible set-up conflicts. Thank you!
- Sound & Media Equipment: Please order through Media Services at 562-903-4808, or ext. 4808.
- Extra Chairs & Tables: Please order through Facility Services at 562-903-4897, or ext. 4897. Limit of 40 chairs or 3 extra tables permitted in Collegium.
- Catering: Catering can be secured through Bon Appetit, Biola’s on-campus catering service, or can be purchased externally and self-catered. Bon Appetit can be reached at ext. 5797 or at: http://www.cafebonappetit.com/cafebiola
If you would like to reserve the Collegium, please contact Jen Alvarez, Coordinator for Commuter Life, at 562-777-4018 or commuter.life [at] biola.edu. She will take care of all paperwork, including the above Collegium Contract/Agreement & Journal Voucher. Thank you!