Computer Science employment trends: Computer Science related jobs are among the best paid and highest satisfaction jobs of the projected high growth jobs. Among the list of best jobs in America 2014 according to the Wall Street Journal, two out of the top ten are computer science related jobs. It has been reported that three out of the top ten jobs are computer science related and there is a positive job outlook and growth projected by the U.S. Department of Labor between now and 2022. Computer scientists and related computer science occupations are likely to enjoy excellent job prospects because many companies report difficulties finding these highly skilled workers. See the following detailed information compiled by U.S. Department of Labor:
- Fact sheets about Computer Science related jobs:
- Occupations with the fastest growth: see the occupational employment projections to 2020, especially computer and mathematical occupations on charts 2 and 5, and see the occupational outlook handbook for computer and information technology occupations.
Computer Science careers: There is a wide range of possibilities for computer science graduates. We have alumni working for Boeing, Northrop, Intel, Apple, Microsoft, business corporations, engineering companies, hospitals, and missionary organizations such as Mission Aviation Fellowship and Wycliffe Translators. Many alumni serve as information technology staff, providing system administration, networking, hardware, and software support. Others are programmers, developing web portals and E-commerce applications connecting web interfaces to database systems, conducting data analysis and scientific computing, developing programs for linguistic analysis, designing and implementing computer games, and so forth. We also have graduates going to graduate programs of schools such as University of Southern California, UC Davis, UC Irvine, and UC Santa Barbara.
- See computer science jobs from After College Career Network.
- See the Career Exploration Toolbox for IT and information technology-related opportunities from ITJobAdvantage.
- See Cyber Security Career Guide.
Biola's Center for Career Development: Find resources for writing your resume and developing skills for job search and interview from Biola's Center for Career Development. Computer Science professional societies and graduate schools: Find out more about Computer Science and graduate schools from the leading professional societies Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and IEEE Computer Society.