Biola has a charging option available to electric vehicle (EV) drivers. As part of a commitment to supporting sustainable programs, we’re excited to partner with ChargePoint to install our first electric vehicle charging stations. The ChargePoint network is an online network of independently owned and operated EV charging stations with over 17,000 public charging stations worldwide, providing drivers access to charge on the go.
- Location: Parking Structure K ground-level [parking structure behind Alpha].
- Parking: Charging station parking is reserved for electric vehicles only.
- Charging Costs: Biola has rates for Biola community members and for visitors. If during the sign up process you set up connections and are approved as a Biola community member, the rate is $1.00 per hour for the first 8 hours and then $1.50 per hour with maximum of $12.00 for the charging session. All others will be considered visitors and will be charged $2.00 per hour with no maximum. Becoming a connected Biola community member could take 1-2 business days. If you wait to sign up, and your vehicle needs to be charged, you can still charge vehicle but the cost will be at the "visitor" rate.
How to start a charging session and set up payments:
- Download the ChargePoint mobile app to start charging instantly and set up an account, or
- Sign up for a ChargePoint card (which works like FasTrak) and set up an account, or
- Hold your ChargePoint card over the station's reader symbol.
- When you sign up don’t forget to take advantage of Biola pricing by providing your Biola ID number. Once approved you will be entitled to the Biola pricing every time you plug in at Biola.
- After the station authorizes you, remove the charging station's connector by pressing down on the button at the top of the handle while pulling the connector from the holster.
- Plug the connector into your electric vehicle. The station will display a message indicating the vehicle is charging.
- Questions? Watch the “Charging On The Go” video at chargepoint.com/how-to-charge
Join ChargePoint, the world’s largest EV charging network:
- Find and reserve charging stations (free and paid)
- See real-time station availability on the ChargePoint app and website
- Get mobile alerts (charging available, interrupted, or complete)
- Review your charging sessions and manage payments