Basic Functions and Responsibilities
Event Society Interns are responsible to assist the University Communications and Marketing (UCM) Events staff in executing signature Biola events throughout the semester, while lending support for events sponsored by other university departments.
- Attend UCM planned events and required Event Society meetings
- Attend Educational Seminars 2 times per semester
- Provide positive customer service when interacting with guests
- Help ensure that events run smoothly by performing assigned day-of tasks
- Assist in event preparation and tear down on the day of events
A creative and hardworking student with a flexible and teachable attitude, who desires to gain hands-on experience in the areas of event production and experiential marketing. Any previous experience in event planning, marketing communications or customer service is desirable.
Due to event schedule, hours will vary from week to week. Internship hours will be made up of 5-10 office hours per semester with 35-45 hours per semester working on the day of events.
Please note: The Event Society Internship Program is an unpaid internship opportunity - great for those desiring to gain hands on experience and training in events to prepare for future careers and build connections.
- Gain hands-on experience in event execution and event marketing while helping execute Biola events.
- Receive professional training for preparation in the fields of event coordination, event production, event design, hospitality and experiential marketing.
- Serve the Biola community by volunteering of your time and talent.
- Participate in seminars that will give you practical tools for event coordination - Topics may include event and set design, catering, etiquette, experiential marketing, branding, budgeting, programming, and event registration.
- Receive internship credit, class credit or service hours.
- Work alongside other Biola students – social gatherings and outings take place for community building.
Event Highlights for Fall 2017
||Distinguished Scholar Reception|
|November 12||Midnight Madness|
|December 5||Employee Christmas Party|
|December 14||Undergraduate Baccalaureate|
|December 15||Commencement Ceremonies|
*Applications Due Friday, September 8, 2017.