Financial Aid for Current Students: The Process
- Students complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. Biola University federal code (001122) must be entered on the FAFSA to send the information to Biola.
- Biola Financial Aid Office (FAO) receives FAFSA, reviews student and family information and sends notification to students of documents to complete and submit.
- Students complete and submit requested documents. Financial aid forms are here. Forms are interactive, when opened with Acrobat Reader.
- Biola FAO reviews submitted documentation. At this time, additional information or clarification may be requested. Once all information is complete, Biola FAO will award confirmed financial aid.
- Biola FAO sends confirmed Financial Aid Award Letter to students.
- Students complete loan applications as necessary. Note: Loan applications should be completed no later than July 1 -- even if aid is not yet confirmed -- if the loan is needed for enrollment down payment.
- Students must notify Biola FAO of any changes to housing plans.
- Confirmed aid will automatically be used toward your school bill during Enrollment. Please see Down Payment Calculator for more information on how the Accounting office considers Financial Aid during Enrollment.