If you are interested in cancelling your Housing, please contact the Housing Office for all the details. Submit a Housing Contract cancellation form in writing to the Housing Office. Cancellation fees may apply.
The following is a summary of the Housing cancellation policies and is superceded by the Housing Handbook and Housing Contract. Housing Applicants are subject to all the cancellation terms and conditions in the Housing Handbook (2017-2018) and the Housing Contract (2017-2018).
- Your Housing Contract is for the entire academic year.
- Incoming Students are contracted for Housing upon completion of the Housing Application.
- Continuing Students are contracted for Housing upon selecting a room, either during Housing Selection or through the Housing Office during the year, after completing the Housing Application.
- Incoming Students may cancel their Housing without penalty before the cancellation deadline described in the Housing Handbook (July 1 for Fall Incoming Students; January 15 for Spring Incoming Students). After the cancellation deadline, cancellation fees apply.
- Continuing Students are subject to cancellation fees immediately after selecting or being assigned to a room.
- Exceptions: Students who get married during the semester, who withdraw from Biola, who graduate in Fall semester, or who study abroad through a Biola program may terminate their Housing Contract early without penalty. The Housing Deposit will not be refunded for Students who Withdraw.
- Except the exceptions listed above, students wishing to move home or off-campus after contracting for Housing are subject to cancellation fees of one month's rent per semester they are cancelling (two months' rent for Fall-Spring, one month's rent for Spring only).
- The Housing Deposit is forfeited for all cancellations after becoming contracted, except for cancellation exceptions listed above.
- Pro-rated Housing Charges continue until you officially cancel your Housing or move out your belongings (whichever comes later). You must submit a Housing Contract cancellation form (see link above) in writing to the Housing Office and officially check out of your room.