Thanksgiving Break (Nov 23-27):
- Halls and Apartments are open (offices are closed) - feel free to stay in your housing.
- All On-Campus Dining closed until Sun, Nov 27.
- No Open House.
Check Out/Move Out (Dec 12-16):
- All non-graduating/non-commencement working residents MUST check-out/move-out with Housing/Res Life within 24 hours of their last final, or by 9PM on Friday, Dec 16 (whichever is earliest).
- Graduating Seniors and approved Commencement Workers will be allowed LATE CHECKOUT on Sat, Dec 17 between 8AM-10AM. OTHER LATE CHECKOUTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- You will NOT have access to your rooms over Christmas Break, so plan ahead!
- If you lost your Biola Housing Room Key, you must notify Housing by Tues, Dec 6.
- Replacement of the key will cost $55 that will be charged to your student account. After Dec 6, you will be charged an additional $25 Late Rekey Fine.
- You MUST complete the check-out checklist (which includes cleaning your room, preparing for a new roommate, and returning your room key). Failure to complete these steps will result in fines.
- FINES: $25.00 - 50.00 – Fine for Incomplete Check-Out (not following all Check-Out Steps on this sheet).
- $100.00 – Fine for Failure to check out.
- $25.00 – Fine for Failure to return key.
- $55.00 – Rekey Fee to replace a missing key.
- $100.00 – Fine per item of personal furniture left by students moving out permanently.
- CHECKOUT STEPS: Make sure you allow enough time to complete these before you leave . . .
- Clean out your personal refrigerator, defrost it and leave it unplugged with the door open.** PLAN AHEAD so that you have time to defrost and dry the refrigerator. Do not leave refrigerators in the bathroom, laundry room or other common area. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO REFRIGERATORS PROVIDED IN BIOLA APARTMENTS.
- Clean your room & empty all trash. Remove all Christmas Decorations Turn off the heat.
- Unplug all plugs from outlets. (NOTE: Temporary power outages can occur unexpectedly.)
- Remove food from your hall’s refrigerator. All remaining contents will be thrown away.
- If you have fish in your room, remove them to a temporary home off campus until you return.
- Turn off all lights. Close & lock windows. Close blinds.
- TURN IN THE KEY ASSIGNED TO YOU AT CHECK-IN to your RD/RC/RA. If your key is not returned you will be fined $25 for not turning in a key and billed $55 to replace the lock and keys for your room or apartment.
- If you have an empty bed in your room the open space (including bed, desk, dresser, wardrobe, bookcase) must be available and clean for a possible new roommate. Your new roommate may arrive during Interterm.