Room Keys & ID Cards: Lost or Damaged

Lost or stolen keys should be reported to the Housing office and to Campus Safety as soon as possible. Students who lose or have their housing key stolen during the semester (or who do not return their key at designated check-out times, including at the end of Fall semester) will be charged a re-key fee of at least $55.

Students who break their room key may have it replaced for a minimal charge by reporting it to the the Housing Office.

Students locked out of their room or apartment may be assisted by Residence Life staff between 9:00 am and midnight for a small fee ($1.00). From midnight to 9:00 am, or if no Residence Life staff member is available, Campus Safety may be called for help at the switchboard (562-903-6000) for a $15 fee (billed to the student’s University account). Students who continually need to be let into their room may have this “lock out fee" increased incrementally by Residence Life staff.

Lost or inoperable ID cards can be replaced in the Student Services building. If a card is lost, damaged, or stolen, the cost of replacement is $20 (the replacement fee must be paid by cash or check and cannot be charged to a student account). If a card is malfunctioning because of normal wear and tear or electronic failure, a replacement fee is not charged. Stolen ID cards must be reported to Campus Safety immediately for deactivation.

For additional information and policy, see the Housing Handbook

Campus Services, Housing
Biola Housing, Safety & Security
Residence Life, Auxiliary Services
Last Updated:
March 21, 2017
Biola University
13800 Biola Ave. La Mirada, CA 90639
© Biola University, Inc. All Rights Reserved.