Summer Housing Start/End Dates
Saturday, May 27 -- Wednesday, August 23, 2017
(from Spring Housing Checkout to Fall Housing Check-in)
Who Can Sign-Up
Summer Housing is available to unmarried undergraduate students who are registered for Summer session classes OR who are continuing students pre-registered for the upcoming Fall semester and have a local job or are an international student. Summer Housing is NOT available to students who have graduated or withdrawn from the University as of the end of Spring semester OR to incoming students starting classes in Fall semester.
Signup online before July 16th: Housing Self-Service>Applications>Summer Housing 2017
If you have signed up and need to cancel, do so before 4pm on May 26, 2017
- Summer Housing costs $11.11 per day or a total of $1,000 for the entire summer term, May 27-August 23, 2017.
- Your student account will be billed for your entire stay based on your contracted Check-in and Check-out dates. This amount will be due in full and payable by June 15, 2017.
This year Summer Housing will be in Hart Hall and is double-occupancy.
You will have at least one roommate for a portion of your summer stay, which can change at any time. Be prepared for a second person to move in at any time. Only double-occupancy rooms are offered for summer. All furnishings must remain in the room.
- Saturday, May 27: 1-4pm or Sunday, May 28, 2017 from 8-10am.
- Student's with Spring Assignments MUST checkout of Spring hall or apartment by 10am, Sunday, May 28. NO EXCEPTIONS FOR LATE CHECKOUTS FROM SPRING HOUSING ARE PERMITTED.
- Check-in will be held at the Hart Office.
- If you plan to move in after this initial check-in date, you must schedule a specific check-in time in advance with one of the Summer RCs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The final date students may schedule to check in to Summer Housing is Sunday, July 16, 2017.
For your Check-out Date, you must schedule a specific check-out time in advance with one of the Summer RCs by emailing email@example.com. At your check-out time you will return your room key. All of your belongings must be removed from the building and the room thoroughly cleaned and emptied according to the check-out checklist provided by a Summer RC. Failure to do any of these steps will result in fines.
- If you DO NOT have a Fall 2017 Housing Assignment, the absolute final date of Summer Housing is Saturday, August 12, 2017 from 9am-12pm. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR LATE STAYS, SO PLAN AHEAD.
- If you DO have a Fall 2017 Housing Assignment you will move to your Fall room on Saturday, August 12, 2017 between 9am-12pm for the final two weeks of the Summer Term (August 13-23) billed at the summer daily rate. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR EARLY OR LATE MOVES, SO PLAN AHEAD.
- It is likely you will have at least one roommate for a portion of your summer stay. Be prepared for a second person to move in at any time. Only double-occupancy rooms are offered for summer. All Biola furnishings must remain even though only one person is living there.
You must email firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 PM Friday, May 26, 2017 in order to receive a full refund. If you are a no-show on your scheduled Check-in Date you will be billed $100.
If you need to change your contracted Check-in/Check-out Dates you must contact the Housing Office for approval in advance. If your arrival or departure date change is approved, you will receive an adjustment of your charges.
Biola Community Standards are in effect, including Open House hours. Violation of these standards could result in permanently being removed from on-campus housing.
A Guest Registration Form (below) must be completed for anyone staying overnight. You are permitted a maximum of 3 nights for overnight guests during Summer. Your roommate must approve of your plans for guests in advance, so be sure to speak with them prior to inviting someone to stay over one of your three permitted nights. Guests of the opposite gender will not be permitted to stay over.
Summer Meal Plans are optional. (See prices below.) To sign up for a summer meal plan, fill out the following form: Summer Meal Plan Sign-Up Form
There will be no meal service available on campus May 27-29. Meal plans will begin Tuesday, May 30. If you need to change your summer meal plan, email Dining Services at email@example.com. The HART kitchen will be available for your use 24 hours a day.
- 5 meals-per-week plan $5.00/day
- 10 meals-per-week plan $9.18/day
- 12 meals-per-week plan $9.66/day
- 15 meals-per-week plan $10.34/day
- 20 meals-per-week plan $11.18/day
- 10 Block Plan $72.10
- 20 Block Plan $144.20
- 30 Block Plan $216.30
- 40 Block Plan $288.40
If you want to receive mail during summer and haven’t signed up for a summer mailbox, make sure you visit Mail Services next to Common Grounds to sign up for one.
If you have a vehicle on campus during summer you will need a permit different than the permit you were able to use during the Spring semester. Visit the Campus Safety Office by the Cafeteria to find out more information.
If you are commuting to campus via bicycle over the summer, your bicycle must be registered with Campus Safety (free service) and may not be kept on campus overnight or on the weekends. Bicycles found on campus during these times or that do not have a permit will be collected by Campus Safety and kept for a period of 90 days before they are donated to a local charity. Contact Campus Safety for instructions and more information.
Biola does NOT offer storage for student belongings over Summer Break, but there are several local storage facilities that may offer discounts to Biola students.
Some of these providers include the following:
Some students may choose to rent a storage space together to share the cost.
Biola does not endorse any of these organizations, and students are advised to do business with them at their own risk.