On-campus employment is handled by the Biola University Student Employment Office, located in Metzger Hall upper floor.
- Determine your class schedule for the semester and the hours you are available to work.
- Review the list of jobs available, online at biola.joinhandshake.com.
- If you wish, meet with Student Employment Office staff for help in identifying positions that will best match your skills, interests and time frame.
- Fill out an application for the jobs that interest you. A link to the standard student-worker application is available at the bottom of every job posting in Classifieds. Not every position uses the standard application, however; be sure to read the job description carefully and follow their instructions.
- Deliver your application to the department that is hiring.
- If the department is interested, they will contact you for an interview; again, some departments have different processes so you should read the department's information carefully.
If you’re hired, you must fill these out before you start work:
- Student Hiring Authorization Form (signed by your supervisor)
- W-4 Federal Government form
- An I-9 employment verification form that satisfies federal immigration requirements. All hires are required to complete the form.
- When turning in these forms to the Student Employment Office, also bring proof of eligibility to work (Social Security card, valid Driver's License, passport, or visa documentation).
- International students (F-1 visa) must bring their I-20, passport, visa, and Social Security card.
Once these form have been completed, the Student Employment Office will issue you a golden slip that you will need to take to your supervisor. This golden slip will be proof that you have finished your hiring paperwork and are ready to start work.