Changing Your Name

Quick Answer: To change your name please submit a Personal Information Update Form to the Office of the Registrar.

Name Change Policy

All name change requests by marriage, divorce or court order must be accompanied by official documentation in the form of a valid Social Security Card plus an additional, valid alternate identification. The following are considered valid alternate identifications:

  • Driver's License
  • Passport
  • Marriage Certificate/License
  • Military ID

Current staff should contact Human Resources for a name change.

Name Changes for Graduation

Name changes must be made in the Office of the Registrar and with the graduation counselor at least six weeks prior to graduation to ensure that the correct name will appear on the commencement program and on your diploma.

Report a problem on this page
Biola University
13800 Biola Ave. La Mirada, CA 90639
© Biola University, Inc. All Rights Reserved.