Do I have to be a member to attend an event?
No! All students (psychology major or not) are welcome to join us for Psi Chi sponsored events! You are encouraged to come to events even before you become a member! All are welcome!
Can I start earning Psi Chi credit now?
YES! Even if you cannot apply this semester, you can start earning Psi Chi credits now! Those credits will be applied to future semesters.
What are the membership requirements for Psi Chi?
- Psychology major at Biola University
- Completion of 9 units of psych courses at Biola and 3 semesters of college work (most students aren't ready to apply until Sophomore year)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in both psychology courses and in undergraduate work at Biola
- High standards of personal behavior
- Submit an application and pay the one-time membership fee of $55 online directly to Psi Chi. A payment link will be sent to your Biola email address once your application has been processed.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Psi Chi membership looks great on academic and occupational resumes!
- If you complete the attendance requirement, you will be eligible to order your own Psi Chi chord and medallion to wear at graduation.
- The graduation program will note that you are a member of Psi Chi.
- Psi Chi offers you the opportunity to get to know psychology faculty and your peers.
- Psi Chi offers valuable information about the field of psychology â€“ career options, GRE, grad school, internship, study abroad, etc.
- You are a Psi Chi member for life!
- Psi Chi processes applications at the beginning of the Fall semester with a deadline in Mid-October.
- There is a lifetime membership fee of $55 (a payment link will be sent after you apply).
- Students are required to be a member for a minimum of one year (two semesters).
- Non-transfer students must apply by the fall semester of their junior year.
- Transfers may apply in the Fall of their senior year if graduating the following spring.
- Students will not be allowed to apply in their final semester.
- Complete and submit the membership form online, and await an email response from Psi Chi with the payment link.
- Must turn in a hard copy of your application to the psychology undergraduate front desk located in Rose Hall.
Once I'm a member, then what?
Once you apply to Psi Chi and have been accepted and inducted, you are a lifelong member! During your time as a Biola student, you are required to attend four events per academic year (August-May), every year in order to earn your graduation cord and medallion. It does not matter if you complete all four in the fall or all four in the spring, or 2-and-2, 1-and-3. All that matters is that you complete four by the time you graduate.
I'm graduating in December and/or I am gone for half of the year while studying abroad, do I still have to complete four events?
YES! Even if you are graduating early or away for half of the year, you must complete four events in order to earn the honor of wearing the Psi Chi cords and medallions. If your academic year is cut short, all four events need to be completed in that semester.
I did not attend the New Member Induction Ceremony. Where can I get my certificate, membership card and pin?
Please send an email to email@example.com with your first and last name, requesting for your membership materials.
I can't find the answer to my question here. Who can I contact?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Degrees and Programs:
- B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Psychology
- Undergraduate Psychology Department
- Last Updated:
- September 10, 2021