The Psychology Department offers an opportunity for their majors to gain valuable off (or on) campus, job-related experience in an approved psychological setting, agency or workplace while earning university credit (PSYC450 Directed Fieldwork).
PSYC 450 Directed Fieldwork (Internship) Program requirements:
- Must be a junior or senior psychology major.
- Internship must be approved by the Psychology department by completing all necessary paperwork prior to beginning work/counting hours. Credit will not be granted retroactively.
- It is strongly recommended that the site have an individual with an advanced degree (master's, doctoral) in psychology, or the field most relevant to the internship position, who will be responsible for you.
- Can be done for 1 to 3 units (up to 6 units maximum; up to 3 units max for any one internship site).
- 45 hours per unit completed over a minimum six-week period (minimum four weeks during the summer).
Benefits of doing an internship:
- Opportunity to integrate classroom knowledge with real-world experience.
- Gain valuable career-related experience.
- Looks great when applying for grad school
- Develops relationships with professionals in the field
- Provides an avenue to obtain professional letters of recommendation
- Strong networking potential
What do you need to do?
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the PSYC 450 Information Sheet
Internship Contract Submission Deadline
- Fall 2021 - Sept 24, 2021
- Spring 2022 - Feb 4th, 2022
- Summer 2022 - June 3rd, 2022
Internship Registration Deadline
- Fall 2021 - Oct 1, 2021
- Spring 2022 - Feb 11, 2022
- Summer 2022 - June 10, 2022
- Directed Field Work Contract
- Log of Hours Form
- Internships — Biola Handshake Portal
- PSYC 450 Information Sheet