Online Bachelor’s Degree Student Services Policy
Biola University offers an online bachelor’s degree program designed to provide flexibility for busy adults to continue working towards a degree without putting their life on hold. The degrees that are part of this program are unique and differ from our traditional on-campus offerings both in curriculum and in tuition costs. Graduates from these programs are fully recognized as Biola Alumni and have all the rights and privileges afforded to alumni.
Students also have access to the following services to support their educational success:
2. Student Success
3. Financial Aid
6. IT support
7. Library usage
9. Student Development assistance when needed
10. Student rates at campus events including but not limited to sports, conferences, concerts, etc.
Because these programs are streamlined to keep costs low and offer reduced tuition rates, online students are restricted from all other services and benefits intended to support residential students and residential life, including but not limited to the following:
1. Physical on-campus classes
2. Campus housing
3. Campus meal plans or student discounts at dining facilities
4. Campus student jobs
5. Student programs like student government, campus clubs, ministries, etc.
6. Student health insurance plans
In addition, students need to be aware that transitioning to a traditional undergraduate program may be difficult because these programs are curricularly unique. Additional courses may be required to meet graduation requirements if such a transition is attempted.
Approved by Vetting, Approvals and Development Committee, 2/22/17