The Transfer Evaluation System (TES) is a resource you can use to look up courses that may be taken at other colleges or universities for transfer credit to Biola. The tool is provided to aid students in choosing courses at other schools with the intention of transferring them to Biola University.
If a course is not listed on this tool:
- Prospective students: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Continuing students: Fill out the Transfer Petition Form (completed course) or Transfer Pre-Approval form (anticipated course).
See any course codes that look odd? Please review Biola's Transfer Codes for additional information and context.
Transfer Evaluation System (TES)
Explore the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) tool below to see which courses from your college or university will successfully transfer to Biola University. The course results listed in the transfer equivalency tool are from many community colleges and universities from which students have transferred coursework. Additional course equivalencies are added on a regular basis.
Important: This is an advising tool. A course that is approved on this tool may not be required for a student’s degree requirement. To verify each course applies to your program please check with your admissions counselor, academic advisor, faculty advisor, or the Registrar’s office. The Office of the Registrar has final authority for the release of transfer credits into Biola University.
To transfer courses to Biola, you need to have transcripts from the school at which the courses were taken sent to Biola for evaluation. In order to be considered official, all transcripts must be sent directly from the transferring college to Biola's Office of Admissions (if you are an incoming student) or the Office of the Registrar (if you are a current Biola student). Transcripts may also be physically delivered in an untampered envelope sealed by the institution.
13800 Biola Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90639
Request an official or unofficial transfer evaluation to see what courses will transfer into your program. If you are a prospective transfer student contact your Admissions Counselor or email the Transfer Admissions team at email@example.com. You may also start your application and upload your unofficial transcripts for an unofficial transfer evaluation. An evaluation typically takes 48 hours to complete, but additional time may be required if courses need departmental approval.
More detailed information may be found in the Undergrad Transfer Policy and the Graduate Student Transfer Policy. Admissions information for prospective undergraduate students can be found at the Transfer Students Admissions Process page.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about transferable courses or if you would like information about transferring courses or schools not listed in the equivalency tool.
Current students should follow the steps below when transferring credit to Biola, or petitioning a course to count toward a degree requirement.
Petition for a course that has not been taken:
- Step 1: Review the Transfer Equivalency tool to see how the course has been approved to transfer. Note: Your course might not be listed on this tool. If the course is listed on the tool, you do not need to submit any further paperwork besides your official transcripts.
- Step 2: Submit a Pre-Approval Form: Submit the Pre-approval Form prior to registering in the external course for the purpose of transferring it to Biola. The form is required to reduce inapplicable credits, even if the course is already listed on the tool as an approved course.
- Step 3: Submit an official transcript once you have completed the course
Petition for a completed transfer course:
- Step 1: Review the Transfer Equivalency tool. If the course is listed on the tool, you do not need to submit any further paperwork besides your official transcripts.
- Step 2: Submit an official transcript if the course is not on your Degree Audit.
- Step 3: Submit a Transfer Petition Form: Submit a Transfer Petition Form if your course is not listed on the tool or if you would like the course to meet a different requirement.
Petition for a Biola class (completed or in progress):
- Substitution Request Form: Submit a Substitution Request Form for a Biola class that you are seeking to fulfill another Biola course requirement (example: MATH 210 Introduction to Probability and Statistics for MATH 190 Business Statistics).
Part of the transfer process includes comparing the courses you have taken at past colleges or universities. Explore the Transfer Equivalency Tool to see which courses from your college or university successfully transfer to Biola University.
If a course is not listed, please contact email@example.com.
- Step 1: Review the list of programs we offer to find the major that is congruent with your current discipline. The “Course Sequence” page in each catalog program page will help you understand all program requirements (e.g. B.S. in Business Administration “Course Sequence”).
- Step 2: Check how courses transfer from your current institution by reviewing the transfer course equivalency tool.
- If you haven’t chosen a major yet, we can help. Take a look at the various academic programs Biola offers, review our core curriculum requirements, and see which of your completed courses transfer into Biola using our transfer course equivalency tool below. If you have questions about a specific course or just want help with choosing your major please contact your counselor.
Current students should review the Transfer Equivalency Service tool and are required to submit a Pre-Approval Form to the Registrar's office prior to enrolling in another institution's course for the purpose of transferring in a course to their degree at Biola University. The form is required to reduce inapplicable credits. Submit one Pre-Approval Form for each course you are seeking to transfer credit.
Current students who seek to fulfill a course/degree requirement with a course already taken or registered for should submit the Biola Substitution Request Form. This form is used only for courses taken at Biola University. If you would like a course taken at another institution to meet a specific course/degree requirement, please submit the Transfer Petition Form.