Transferring Courses Into Biola: Overview

We have provided lists of pre-approved G.E. courses which may be taken at other colleges or universities. We do not have formal articulation agreements with these schools. These are simply guides to aid students in choosing courses at other schools with the intention of transferring them to Biola University.

We have lists from many California community colleges, some California state universities, a few out-of-state colleges, and some colleges from which students frequently transfer online coursework. If classes are on these lists, there is no need for a Substitution Request Form to transfer them for regular G.E. credit. However, if a specific G.E. is required for the major, such as a specific math or science class, then a Substitution Request Form should be submitted.

In order to be considered official, all transcripts must be sent directly from the other college to Biola's Office of Admissions (if you are an incoming student) or the Office of the Registrar (if you are a current Biola student). Transcripts hand-carried into the office cannot be considered official.

Biola University
13800 Biola Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90639

More detailed information may be found in the Undergrad Transfer Policy and the Graduate Student Transfer Policy.

Please contact the Office of the Registrar if you have any questions about transferable courses or if you would like information about transferring courses from a school not listed here.

Advising & Planning
Office of the Registrar, Academic Advising
Last Updated:
January 21, 2016
Biola University
13800 Biola Ave. La Mirada, CA 90639