This policy is a guide to the acceptable use of the Biola network. It is intended to address issues involved in the use of Biola's wired and wireless networks, as well as the Internet for transfer of information. This includes but is not limited to email, file transfer, or use of applications which utilize the networks. In the case where electronic information is carried across other networks (i.e., outside Biola), users are advised that acceptable use policies of those networks also apply and may further limit use. Students are not permitted to have unauthorized access, theft or other abuse of technology and computers, which includes but is not limited to:
- Unauthorized entry into a file to use, read, or change the contents, or for any other purpose;
- Unauthorized transfer of a file;
- Unauthorized use of another individual's identification and password;
- Interference with the work of another student, faculty member, or University official.
- Illegal uploading or downloading and/or use of copyrighted material, including but not limited to copyrighted music, television broadcasts, or motion pictures.
- The Technology & Network Usage Policy is maintained by the Information Services department.