1. Biola University will accept credit for equivalent courses from schools accredited by regional or national agencies recognized by CHEA (Council for Higher Education Administration), including distance education courses.
2. Biola University measures all courses in semester credits of credit. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits by reducing the quarter credits by one-third. Such a reduction does not mean loss of credit.
3. A maximum of 70 semester credits are acceptable from two-year community colleges.
4. Transfer students may fulfill their general education requirements by completing Biola University's General Education Curriculum or completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) as outlined below.
The IGETC model for the California State University (CSU) system or University of California (UC) is accepted by Biola University with the following provisions:
- The current foreign language requirement for all bachelor degrees will be retained.
- The minimum of 120 credits for graduation will stay the same.
- In addition to the IGETC, all specific GE, pre-requisites and required support courses required by the major degree must be met.
- Official IGETC certification must be received by the Office of the Registrar by the appropriate deadline prior to receiving commencement and/or graduation clearance.
5. All students are required to take a minimum of 24 credits of upper division in their major, 15 of which must be taken at Biola University.
6. Biola has a residency requirement for biblical studies. Of the 30 credits of Bible required for all students, 15 credits must be taken at Biola.
7. Grades do not transfer - only credits of credit. A student's grade-point average is computed for graduation purposes only on work completed at Biola University.
8. Courses may not transfer for several reasons: repeat of work already taken, low grades ("C-" or lower), technical or vocational courses, remedial courses, etc.
10. A non-music major is limited to a maximum of eight credits of credit in applied music (including ensembles), and a non-physical education major is limited to eight credits of credit in physical education or skill courses.
11. The combined total of transferred credits plus completed Biola credits determines student level:
|Senior||88 credits and above|
Questions regarding evaluations should be addressed to the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.