Withdrawals and Readmission to the University

Withdrawal Policies

Official withdrawals: Students who wish to officially withdraw from the university must submit an official withdraw formPlease see the refund schedule for details regarding dates, tuition and grades. Online Bachelor's Students should connect with their academic advisor prior to withdrawing if they are interested in taking a gap semester.

Unofficial withdrawals: Students who stop attending class are considered unofficially withdrawn. No refund is granted to students who unofficially withdraw. Students who unofficially withdraw will receive grades of "UW" or "F" for their courses.

Medical withdrawals: Students who are withdrawing for health reasons and wish to apply for a medical withdrawal may do so by submitting the official withdraw form. Please see the Medical Withdrawal Policy and Procedures page for more information.

Planning to Return

Readmission: Every student who withdraws from the University must readmit through the Admissions Office. Students who have withdrawn may begin the process by filing a returning student application for the semester they plan to return.

Undergraduate students can reapply by submitting an Undergraduate Readmit Application. For more details, please refer to the Readmit Students Admissions Process page.

Online Bachelor's Students should connect with their Success Coach prior to withdrawing if they are interested in taking a gap semester. Students not interested in taking a gap semester should reapply by submitting the Online Bachelor's Programs application.

Graduate students can reapply by submitting a Graduate Readmit Application.

Catalog Requirement: Students who withdraw for more than one year will be required to follow the requirements of the most current catalog when they return.

Report a problem on this page
Biola University
13800 Biola Ave. La Mirada, CA 90639
© Biola University, Inc. All Rights Reserved.